1. A permanent supply of Water, for a perpetual water right accompanies
every lot of land sold.
2. Contiguity to a Railway Station on the main line, and to a Town,
with commercial, professional, educational, social and religious
3. Instruction in Fruit culture gratis by a specialist, who is paid by
my clients to instruct settlers on their lands.
4. A rich Soil, of which, on another page, an analysis is given.
5. A ready Market for produce. Buyers come round the country and
purchase the crops as they are on the trees, taking upon themselves the
picking and packing. The Continent of North America is a sufficient
market in itself for all time especially considering that its population
increases nearly a million and a half a year.
6. The prices range from 75 dollars to 150 dollars per acre. At some
other places in California, land is offered at a less price, but I can
sell some land at even 10 dollars per acre; yet that at 100 dollars per
acre is far cheaper, having regard to its advantages. Our land at 150
dollars per acre will favourably compare with lands fetching much higher
7. Free Conveyances will be given, with a perfectly clear and
8. Two-thirds of the purchase-money may remain on
9. Merced is only 14 days from London.
10. A liberal competence may be secured by a reasonably industrious